Making any expenditure on new capital equipment like a new label printers must always be carefully vetted in terms of the potential return on investment. After all, a label printing machine will be an integral part of the operation for years to come, making it a piece of technology you want to ensure will stand the test of time and do its part to facilitate the company’s profitability. And, with this initiative, sooner is always better as there are multiple ways such a piece of equipment can be a business booster in terms of productivity, quality, and cost savings.
Reasons to Buy a New Label Printing Machine No matter what type of business you may be in – whether industrial, food, or consumer goods – there are notable key advantages to having in-house label production:
- Professional Appearance: Label printing machines are ideal for creating barcodes, which are an essential step in expediting the accurate identification of packages to enhance the distribution and transport of products worldwide. When packages have advanced barcodes and clear identification imaging, it adds to the credibility and professionalism of the products, which can enhance their functionality, attractiveness and help to drive more sales.
- High Productivity for Greater Business Volume: Accelerating processes with a high speed, higher resolution label printing machine can mean that you manufacture and ship a higher volume than ever before. This maximized productivity can, of course, lower operational costs and increase revenue and profitability.
- Cost Savings: With a new label printer versus a manual process or reliance on old, antiquated equipment, you will find that the cost savings quickly add up to help pay for the new machine. These budgetary savings include fewer errors and waste since newer machines are more automated and require less discretionary human interaction within the production process; lower labor costs in terms of operation and training; reduced cost for maintenance and repair as the new model label machines often do not need as much TLC nor do they require as many preventive maintenance periods that shut down the line.
- Scalability: Today’s breed of label printing machines offer more ways to print, including colors, variable data combinations, label sizes and materials. This versatility allows you to expand and diversify your product lines quite easily without having to buy additional label printing equipment. Such print technologies are even available with digital label die cutting and over laminating capabilities which can provide a huge range of label production possibilities.
In Review here are the main points to keep in mind:
- You can get a sizable return from investing in a new label printing machine, but it is important to assess your business needs to ensure it is a good fit for your objectives.
- Some overall benefits to purchasing a new labeling machine include a more professional appearance to your labeling and higher quality barcodes, which makes products easier to sell and entices more potential business.
- Another benefit is that it you can produce more in less time without compromising quality.
- Cost savings are gained in many aspects of production, including fewer human errors, less labor and training costs, and a lower cost of maintenance and repair, which increases production time and minimizes down time.
- Having a more advanced piece of label production equipment can also make it easier to expand your business through additional product lines to further grow and prosper.