When you are thinking of selecting distribution packing coding equipment for your business, there are many things to consider from pricing, to application, to materials, to ease-of-use. Amid the wide range of distribution packing coding equipment available, how can a company procure a model that best assures accuracy and productivity while decreasing costs and downtime for its specific application? Here are 10 tips:
- Think about your specific industry requirements to ensure that they can be handled by the machine under review. Many industries have packaging nuances that all models may not address.
- Consider the specific products that are being packaged to determine if the distribution packing coding equipment can work with those particular items and packaging configurations.
- Figure out exactly what type of packaging materials will need to be coded so that you ensure that each machine under consideration can handle those materials without any difficulty and generate top quality output.
- Take the time to research and understand how each kind of available machine works as far as the type of print technology it utilizes – inject, thermal-transfer, or print and apply – including making note of its strengths and, as importantly, its limitations. This needs to be weighed against those features you need the most to see if there is a perfect match – or a system type that should be ruled out.
- Ask the salesperson what they like the best about each machine in regards to its unique selling points and value proposition. You want to make sure you work with a company that knows the machines inside and out as well as why they are better than the competition and how they can help you succeed.
- Determine the ease-of-use as you may have to consider what it will take to train your production line on how to use and maintain it. The easier a machine is to run, the better off you will be in terms of human resource time and costs. Also, the more automated the machine, the less there is for the operator to do so there are fewer mistakes. Thus, the operator can focus on improving other areas of production while the machine runs autonomously.
- Make sure you know what type of warranty comes with the equipment as well as whether or not you have the opportunity to purchase a spare parts package.
- Understand the level of technical support you could receive if the machine were to ever break down. The last thing you want is unreliable assistance when your line comes to a screeching halt.
- Query others who have used various distribution packing coding equipment models to see what they like about it and how it has worked for them. Be sure to ask the salesmen if you can have references that will provide valuable feedback on the company, its products and level of customer service.
- Consider your future business needs to as it relates to potential changes to your coding requirements, types of products packaged, volume of output, and type of materials that need to be coded. Since this is a sizable investment, you want to make sure that the machine you choose can scale with you as your operation changes and expands.
In Summary Here are the top points from this blog post:
- Making a decision about which type of distribution packing coding equipment to buy should not be made in a vacuum. Do your research and ask others, including the salesman and corporate references, why it is the best piece of equipment to buy.
- Get all the details about the advantage and limitations and then compare these to your present and future requirements to find that perfect match.
- Ensure that you are covered in terms of warranty, technical support, and attentive customer service.