When you’re a manufacturer or packager there are times you need the flexibility to incorporate offline coding into your product identification (printing and labeling) systems. This could be when you’re introducing a new product, or if changing regulations mean you need to print different information on packaging, or if you have pre-printed packaging inventory stock that needs to be used.
The print professionals from Griffin-Rutgers understand that the application of variable data to products is a small but critically required element of the overall production process. What are some issues that could arise when you’re printing onto various types of packaging materials? Some include:
- Incorrect label positioning
- Too costly to pre-print limited run special promotions
- If your manufacturing requires printing a variety of information on multiple types of packaging
- If the product requires large or specialized print
- If a print area larger than a label is needed for a product, printing on the packaging itself might be necessary rather than onto a label
When equipped with an appropriately flexible integrated feeder, a labeling or coding system you can take odd shaped packages, and over-sized printing needs, off line in order to simplify the overall packaging process. An off line coding system can be used with a variety of different feed systems including; sleeve feeding systems, a carton feeders, blister card feeders, or a feeder for product inserts or outserts and other packaging.
What are the benefits of an offline printer? Here are a few:
- It’s easy and quick to change between batches
- There is more flexibility in the system
- Awkward packaging is easily accommodated
- An offline printer can be in addition to the online printing capability of your production line
- Your organization will see immediate increased throughput
Contact Griffin-Rutgers to discuss your product identification needs prior to investing in a printing or labeling system for your packaging requirements. You want to find a system that will suit not only your needs today, but those that may arise in the future.